Spend 4 days in Nuuk, the smallest and northernmost capital in the world. Go hiking, whale watching and explore abandoned settlements.
This fascinating town of contrasts will offer you a glimpse of old Greenlandic culture and at the same time show you a modern capital with shopping possibilities, good restaurants and the beautiful Arctic nature just outside town.
Approx 16.000 people live in Nuuk, the capital of Greenland. The town is situated in a beautiful fjord system where, in the summer, the whales come in close and can be seen from the shore.
Nuuk has it all – a new shopping mall and good restaurants, whilst at the same time you can go to the harbour and see how the Greenlandic hunters still bring in seal and reindeer to be sold at the local market.
During your stay in Nuuk, you have several options on whale watching or boat trips to small settlements or abandoned locations. We also offer a visit to a Greenlandic family or a hike around the mountain Lille Malene.
- 3 or 4 nights Hotel Hans Egede, including breakfast
- Return flights Reykjavik-Nuuk (airport tax included)
- Transfer to/from hotel in Nuuk
Please note that tours to Greenland are only available during the following months
February to April
May to September
Day 1: Fly to Nuuk from Reykjavik:
Air Iceland flight from Reykjavik Domestic Airport to Nuuk (please note that you need to take care of your own transfer to the domestic airport, but it is easy to take a taxi). The flight is about 3 hours and the time difference is 2 hours.
Meet and greet and transfer to the hotel for information meeting. City tour en route.
Day 2: Free day:
Free day for optional excursions.
Times and dates of each excursion varies from day to day, so they can only be confirmed upon request.
- Atamik boat tour. A sail to a typical Greenlandic settlement. The 250 inhabitants make a living from hunting or fishing (8 hours)
- Boat trip to Kaangeq. A sail to one of the many abandoned settlements from the 1960´s (4-5 hours)
- Hike around Lille Malene. The hike is moderate in difficulty and 4 km long (3-4 hours)
Day 3: Return to Reykjavik:
The hotel will advise about exact pick-up time for the transfer to the airport, followed by a flight from Nuuk to Reykjavik.
Possibility to extend your stay upon request.